Sunday, July 24, 2011

A single instrument.

It's about 1000 degrees inside my chest right now.  I'm afraid if it doesn't go away, I'm going to catch on fire.


When alone, on a casual drive, I whisper to myself words of meaning.  Words that softly form together to create a steady flow of emotion.  I then sing them aloud, adding a melody that was once absent. To this melody I add a steady beat against the steering wheel... and on and on it goes.

I'm afraid to say, every time I drive alone, this happens. Yet, this song is forgotten almost as quickly as it came to be.  It's just not the same. No matter how hard I try to create and remember something meaningful, it passes by without giving me a chance to fully collect each word that was said. 

I guess the point I'm trying to get at is.. I miss the piano. When I have a piano, I can sit down for hours and carefully contemplate each word that appears in my mind.  I can then turn to those beautiful white keys and create something even more powerful than those words can express. Who knew a single instrument could mean so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment