Monday, June 13, 2011

Animate Life

In High School I never felt the desire to take an art class. Why? I have absolutely no idea. I knew I loved to draw...but I guess drawing on my own felt like it was good enough and I didn't need any instruction. 

Now, I WANT to take an art class. I WANT to learn everything there is to know.  I feel like art is like music.  It's an amazing way to express yourself.  

I do these cartoon drawings that are called Animate Life By Megan.  It started a really, really, really long time ago.  I would draw comics in high school about my friends.  The people I drew started out all looking the same.. and they were all bald. (haha)  These drawings have evolved to look more and more like the people I was drawing them after. 
 

One day, I bought a binder to keep all of my drawings in.  I felt this binder needed a cover page, so I went ahead and started drawing one.  After I had drawn the people, it felt like there was something missing.  It needed a name! The words literally were written before I even had time to think about if I even liked the name.  Animate Life.  It seemed to work! These drawings are me. They are my friends. They are my family.  I realized that I draw reality in the form of a cartoon. I ANIMATE real life.


If nothing else goes the way I want it to in life, I just hope and pray something can come of these drawings.  Drawing is a form of expression, and I feel like I put my heart and soul into each new character I create. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment