Sunday, April 14, 2013

I am myself.

I'm ugly
and dumb.
I'm alone
and awkward
and hated.
I am unsuccessful.
I'm not worth anything.
I should just give up. 
 

Every day.
Every single day
that's what I'm told to believe.
It's almost as if you have to be perfect
to be accepted.

But that's laughable.
Because honestly, who is perfect?
No one.
Not one person on this planet is perfect.

But all of us "ordinary" people are put down
or laughed at
or scrutinized 
because we don't look
or talk
or breathe like the rest of society thinks we should.

I'm sorry I'm not who everyone else wants me to be.
I am myself.
I am unique.
There is no one like me.
and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks,
because that is EXACTLY who I want to be.  

I'm beautiful
and smart.
I'm awkward
and loved.
I am successful.
I'm worth more than I know.
I will never give up.
 
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment