Sunday, November 4, 2012

Enough.

I've realized I try too hard so people will like me.
I base my happiness upon the feelings of others.
I would bend over backwards just for a simple "hello" or "good to see you"
I never feel like I'm enough.
Just when I start believing I deserve more, it seems my hopes are torn by someone close to me.
That, in turn, makes me more insecure.
More vunerable.
My self worth decreases
and I feel alone.
All because of one, simple-minded, thoughtless person.
And I'm back to square one.
Trying to be better,
but feeling like I can never succeed.
 
I need to re-train my brain.
I need to know that I can be great.
I have the power to make me happy.
Who cares about the people that are rude
or cruel
or heartless?
I shouldn't.
I am me.
And if it isn't enough for anyone else,
that shouldn't matter.
All that matters is that,
no matter how many times I'm told differently,
it doesn't change the fact that I most certainly am...
enough.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment