Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To be happy.....

I am not who I wanted to be.
I have become the person I so strongly dispise.
I am a self-loathing,
heartbroken,
undeserving
piece of trash.
At least, that's how I see myself.
And every second of every day is spent wishing that I was different.
Wishing that I wasn't a failure.
Wishing that I was stronger.

I have dreams and aspirations.
Too many dreams, perhaps.
Too many hopes to be good at too much.
But who is to say when enough is enough?
So I dream, and I hope, and I work, and I fail.
But sometimes, very rarely, I succeed.
But the most important hope,
the most important aspiration,
the most important CHOICE,
I fail at, time and time again.

I promise myself it's over.
I promise myself I'm going to be strong.
I'm going to dream.
I'm going to hope.
I'm going to believe.
I'm going to succeed.
I'm going to be happy.
 

 

1 comment: